Nigeria’s large private health sector represents an underused resource for combating TB. To examine the quality of private sector contributions to TB detection and treatment, SHOPS Plus evaluated the adherence to national standards. The evaluation looked at the management of TB cases and sputum samples by staff in private facilities trained by the project including clinics, laboratories, pharmacies, and drug shops.
Our CEO (Qualiquant services LTD) and SHOPS Plus shared key findings from two phases of a mystery client survey, conducted in 2019 and 2021, which assessed the quality of TB services in Nigeria. Representatives from the program, and research teams discussed the study’s implications for private sector programming in TB and the utility of a mystery client survey.
This webinar shared how health providers maintained the same level of quality of care that they had prior to the COVID-19 pandemic and what improvements were made in TB detection and treatment from 2019 to 2021.
Find below the link to the webinar recording.
• William Wells, Senior TB Technical Advisor, USAID
• Bolanle Olusola-Faleye, Nigeria TB Technical Director, SHOPS Plus, Abt Associates
• Lauren Rosapep, Research, Monitoring, and Evaluation Lead, SHOPS Plus, Abt Associates
• Mariose Amarikwa, Managing Consultant, Qualiquant Services Limited
• Dr. Madhukar Pai, Associate Director, McGill International TB Centre